Configuring Google analytics might seem to be a hectic task but once done the right way it can provide you invaluable information about your website and can play an important role in making it successful.
The steps seem simple but they do have some twists in them. To make sure you are getting the data right and everything is working as planned, you need to hire a Google Analytics auditor.
How to set up google analytics
To configure google analytics, you have to do the following things
- Configure Google Tag Manager
- Make a Google Analytics account
- Set up your Google Analytics tag with Google Tag Manager
- Set your goals
- Link the whole set up to google search console
What is Google Analytics used for?
Google Analytics is used to look into the data of the traffic a website is getting. It arranges the data according to location, age and other aspects of the people visiting your website. It can be very helpful in setting goals and calculating the efficiency of your website.
What is Google Analytics and how does it work?
Google Analytics is a service used to analyze the traffic a website is getting. It gives an in-depth view of how many visitors the website has with the distribution of those visitors into demographic, geographic and other categories. Google Analytics is a must-have tool for almost every website.
Is Google Analytics free?
Yes, the best thing about Google Analytics is that it is totally free to use.
Where do I find my Google Analytics code?
In order to get your Google Analytics code or the Tracking ID, you need to do the following
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account
- Go to Admin option
- From the menu in the Account column, select the account
- Select a property from the Property column
- Under the Property, column go to Tracking Info and then Tracking Code